Your experience as an addiction survivor or family member can transform lives.
Our Fargo-Moorhead Recovery Center will open in 2017, with addiction management services provided by trained peers in recovery. Our peer volunteers are the backbone of everything we do.
Our addiction management services, including recovery coaching and telephone recovery support, are provided to anyone who needs them, free of charge. That’s why we depend so much on trained volunteers to help others get well and stay well.
But it’s not just about helping others. Your experience as a trained volunteer gives you valuable skills and experience, and helps strengthen your own recovery as well.
We'll match you with an opportunity that meets your needs and interests:
- Help out as a Telephone Recovery Support volunteer, making weekly calls to individuals in recovery to check in and provide support.
- Become a Recovery Coach, helping individuals and families get well.
- Join our speaker’s bureau. Share your own addiction survivor story and inspire others by speaking to community organizations, employers and others.
- Help us with special events and other community awareness activities throughout the year.
- Provide office and front-desk support in our Recovery Center, including answering phones and various administrative tasks.
What to Expect
- Requirements. Recovery Coach volunteers must have 12 months in recovery; Telephone Recovery Support volunteers should be in recovery for 6 months.
- Time commitment. We work with you to develop a monthly time commitment that fits your schedule.
- Training. All of our recovery coach volunteers must complete a mandatory 12-hour training and then shadow an experienced volunteer at our center. Telephone Recovery Support volunteers get trained by shadowing experienced volunteer callers in the center.
- Learn more. If you’re interested in learning more about volunteering, or have questions, please fill out our online interest form. Our volunteer coordinator will get back to you in one business day.